Monday, January 24, 2011

Charcutepalooza


So this is the start of Charcutepalooza here at Madison Wisconsin Foodie.   
Honestly I’m not sure if we were not starting with my second favorite animal; duck; I would be involved.  Don’t get me wrong I love the pig.  The magical animal of bacon, ham, chops, ears, hocks, ribs, and made of everything tasty.  There is just something devilish with starting with a duck.

So last Saturday I picked up a duck from Blue Valley Gardens at the Dane County Farmers Market.  By tomorrow I’ll have a defrosted duck to butcher.  The legs will get the confit treatment and added to the four legs and two rabbits already in storage.  The wings and back will be added to the duck stock bags.

I do hope that we do a few fresh and cured sausages; since that will get me finally purchase the attachments to either my hand grinder or Kitchen Aid mixer.

No comments:

Post a Comment